Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Premier League: Mick accepts Wolves complaints


McCarthy: Not happy after home defeatMcCarthy: Not happy after home defeat
Second-half goals from Andy Carroll, Craig Bellamy and Dirk Kuyt at Molineux completed a memorable seven days for the Reds after their Carling Cup and FA Cup triumphs over the two Manchester clubs.
But Wolves have now gone nine league games without a win - a run from which they have collected just four points - and there were boos at the final whistle on Tuesday night.
McCarthy said: "After the last home game (against Aston Villa), there were huge rumours that I wouldn't be here.
"I can't imagine there will be any less after this game. We will see. I can hear what the fans are saying and I fully understand it.
"It was an unacceptable performance from us in the second half and watching that was unacceptable for me or anybody else.
"That's as bad a performance as we've had here or away. Fans pay good money to come and watch and they expect better and I understand that.
"If I had been watching, I'd have probably responded like that as well."
McCarthy added: "The lads are hurting, there are none of them that have come and not tried.
"But once we've conceded, we've gone on to be beaten by a considerably better side who have just beaten Manchester City and Manchester United.
"If you give them goals then it becomes hard work but I understand people's reactions."
The only consolation for McCarthy was the signing of Tottenham defender Sebastien Bassong on loan until the end of the season shortly before the transfer window closed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...